Frequently Asked Questions About Drop Shipping Site Builders
Drop shipping refers to the method of online selling where the seller does not physically stock or carry the products being sold. Instead, sellers partner with a wholesale supplier, and they are the ones who process and ship the products directly to the customers. When starting a drop shipping business, the first step is to build a website. This will help you create and gain an online presence and will offer your clients a seamless user experience.
Want to know more about the drop ship site builders that will help you to get started on your business venture? Read on and learn about some of our top recommendations.
What is Drop Shipping?
Drop shipping refers to a type of eCommerce store where the retailer does not directly keep any goods in stock, and instead relies on third party suppliers to ship the product directly to the buyer. Drop shipping sites often work directly with large wholesalers such as eBay, Amazon, Ali Express and more, and integrate their products seamlessly into the drop shipping site's platform. Once a buyer purchases a product from your drop shipping store, it will be automatically delivered to them from the wholesaler.
What Should I Look for if I’m Starting a Drop Shipping Store?
When looking for an eCommerce platform to use for your drop shipping site, it's important to compare several factors including:
- Third-Party Integration: Choose a website builder that allows integration with some of the best third-party apps that will be needed, such as for accepting different payment methods.
- Ease of Use: It should have a user-friendly interface, making it effortless for you to build the drop shipping website.
- Diverse Templates: It will also be good if there is a diverse selection of templates so that you can design your drop shipping website the way you want it to look like.
- Customer Support: There should be 24/7 customer support available, making it easy to receive a helping hand that you need when there is any problem.
- Transaction Fees: Ideally, you should pick one that does not charge any transaction fee, which means that you will be earning more.
- Online Reviews: It will also be good to check what other people are saying. Their real-life experiences will make it easier to weigh the options and make the right choice.
You should also consider the size of your store and whether you plan on hiring staff. If you do have several people working on your drop shipping store, make sure to check how many users comes with the plan. You should also consider how many products you want to sell and whether that platform and specific plan can accommodate those needs. You can easily compare the prices and features of each eCommerce site with our comparison tool.
How can I grow my drop shipping business?
Whether you are opening a new drop shipping store or seeking to change your drop shipping platform, many sites offer marketing features that can help grow your business. Features like Google ad credits, email marketing, or search engine optimization can help get the word out about your business to a wider audience.
Meanwhile, analytic tools give you insights to know your customer base more and reach them more effectively. You can also improve site usability with professionally designed templates, better customer support, or features like abandoned shopping cart alerts. In addition, the possibility of selling on social media or via mobile can increase sales. Make sure to review the features in our reviews to see which tools can help to grow your business.
What kind of payment options can I use on my drop shipping store?
All eCommerce drop shipping website builders will offer options for your customers to purchase products at your store. You want to check a couple of things before signing up. A good eCommerce site will accept major payment methods in your preferred currency. You should also check if the platform and plan include any transaction fees when customers purchase using credit cards. You should also consider if the site provides security to protect against fraud and to secure financial information during transactions.
How do I Get Started With Drop Shipping?
Thinking of starting your own drop shipping business? Below are some of the most important things that you should keep in mind:
- Find a niche, preferably one that you are passionate about and has good market potential.
- Conduct research of your competitors. This will provide inspiration on what can be done right to succeed in your drop shipping business.
- Choose your suppliers wisely. Consider as many options as possible and negotiate for terms that will be favorable on both ends.
- Build your website using one of the builders that have been mentioned above. Choose a domain name, making sure that it is unique, easy to remember, and relevant.
- Get a logo and pay attention to all your branding needs. This will help in creating an identity and generating awareness.
- In line with what has been mentioned above, you will need to invest in your marketing strategies. The use of social media is one of the most promising.
- Make sure that your website is search engine optimized, which will be critical in improving your online visibility.
What are the Best Drop Shipping Site Builders?
To attract users, Volusion offers a 14-day free trial, which you can leverage even without providing a credit card. It is an intuitive platform with rates that will be easy on the wallet, making it affordable choice for starting your drop ship business. The cheapest is the Personal Plan, which costs $29 per month. If budget is not an issue, you can go all out with the Business Plan, which will be $299 per month. It also has automatic tax rates.
The company takes pride in their 99.99% uptime, which can provide you with a good reason to consider it in your search for a drop ship website builder. It is a speedy and reliable platform that will allow you to offer a seamless online shopping experience. The company offers a 15-day free trial. As for their packages, their most popular is the Plus Package, which is priced at $79.95 per month.
This DIY platform is another option that should not be missed in your search for the top drop shipping site builders. They have a diverse selection of templates available, making it possible to design your website exactly the way you envision it to be. It has a drag and drop function, which will make things straightforward and easy to use. It is also optimized for mobile, for added convenience on-the-go. Their cheapest plan starts at only $16.50 per month.
More than just building a drop shipping website, their packages are already inclusive of web hosting. They provide secure payment channels, giving your customers peace of mind. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. Their cheapest plan, which is called Starter, is available for only $6.95 per month. If you want to go big, the Pro Package is offered at $12.95 per month, which comes with unlimited storage and marketing credits, among other perks.
For a standard price of only $10 per month, you can get started in building a dropship business website. This price is already inclusive of an email marketing campaign and over 1GB online storage. You can select from a range of premium designs that will make your website attractive. They also offer the necessary tools that are needed to monitor performance and propel the growth of your venture.
With this dropship site builder, you do not have to pay any transaction fee. Their pricing is upfront and is already inclusive of free hosting. However, the templates and the bandwidth can be quite limited when compared to those that have been mentioned above. As for the pricing, their unlimited plans can be purchased for as low as $19 per month. Additionally, they also offer a free trial for 15 days, and there is no credit card registration required to get started.
This website builder comes with a drop ship add-on and have more than 150 drop shipping suppliers. They also offer free inventory management, which will make it easier to manage your drop shipping business. They have four plans that are available to choose from. For their Pro Plan, it is $12 per month with an additional 3% transaction fee, which is a little on the pricier side.
So, What's the Final Verdict?
Indeed, the best drop shipping site builders mentioned above can play a crucial role in propelling the growth of your online business. With a wide variety of options on the market, make sure to consider different factors, such as ease of use, customer support, and reviews, among other things.